FANTASM Cosplay Checkers
Fan of a famous board game Dama(checkers)? How about playing a life-size dama pieces?
And wait, not just life-size, they can be a cosplayer portraying your favorite anime character!
Attention Cosplay Organization! Come in Cosplay costume for a chance to participate in a human checker board. Cosplayers will compete in a giant, human game of checkers (while in costume).
Rules and Guidelines
- There will be eight (8) participating teams which will come from the organizational partners of POF 2014: FANTASM.
- Each team will be composed of seventeen (17) members: 16 checkers piece and 1 commander.
- 16 cosplayers will serve as checker pieces and will assemble at the board. There will be a total of 32 cosplayers on each side of the board.
- The team will be led by a commander and will be situated at the upper portion of the castle.
B. TOURNAMENT ELIMINATIONS
- Team match up will be determined using random.org prior to the event. This is for scheduling of the matches.
- This will be a single ladder elimination.
- Winner of each round will advance to the next phase until a champion is determined.
C. RULES AND MECHANICS
- Each game will have a total time of twenty (20) minutes.
- Each team will be given maximum of 15 seconds to move. Failure to move at a given time will give the move to the opposing team plus a 1 point deduction on their team.
- For point system basis each captured opponent will be give 1 point.
- The cosplayers will occupy the farthermost place on the board with a total of 16 board squares.
- Each piece can only move horizontally in the same diagonal square one square at a time.
- Each commander is forced to capture an opponent.
- There can be multiple capture as long as the opponent pieces are on the same diagonal line one square apart.
- Upon capturing the cosplayers in the capture square should initiate a battle movement similar to their characters. These movements should be brief.
- Delaying of the game and prolong battle movement will mean point deduction for the erring team.
- If a checker piece lands on the home base of the opponent this shall be considered as a PREMIUM piece and can move in any diagonal direction regardless of the number of squares.
- No coaching from the audience or cosplayers are allowed.
D. GAME ENDING
- The game will end if all the opponents checker pieces are captured; or
- If any commander resigns the game; or
- If the time reaches the time limit of 20 minutes. In this case the team with the highest number of points wins.